Signed in as:
Continuous floating origin for games: gravity, 3rd person, 4k physics interactions, collision.
Continuous Floating Origin (CFO) A script asset that enables your game to scale without jitter and glitches. Import it into a new project then follow documentation.
1. Many methods incorrectly named "floating origin" shift the player/camera relative to the origin. Shifty methods glitch, don't scale well in speed or size, and provide no speed optimisation opportunities. All solved by the real solution provided here.
2. The player/camera is always at the origin and the world is moved around the player. It appears as if the player is moving through the world. Third person view variation is also possible (see updated user document).
3. Player-environment collisions. When the player volume/shape collides with an object, the player remains stationary and the entire world is moved away instead.
4. Rigid-bodies colliding with the player react normally using the unity physics.
5. Uses only single precision to achieve accuracy that normally requires double precision.
1. CFO is higher fidelity and more scalable than the conventional player movement.
2. CFO allows you to apply fast origin-centred optimisations. E.G. faster distance calculation and billboards rotations.
3. You can make larger open worlds without jitter, glitches or z-fighting.
4. Player movement will always be maximum fidelity and smoothness.
5. Math based activity, such as collisions and physics, will always be maximum accuracy.
6. Greater reliability from less error and jitter.
7. You will not have to use double precision variables that have to be type cast down to single precision.
8. Made to work with Rotation Floating Origin (more performance) and Dynamic Resolution Spaces (easier, flexible scaling of large worlds).
9. The code is portable across pipelines and hardware: it does not depend on a pipeline or graphics card capability.
In summary, you can scale your game and not worry about jitter and precision limits that occur with conventional camera movement, and shifty methods. You also gain extra fidelity and performance opportunities for free.